Thursday, December 10, 2015

Day 10 - featuring the colour Burgundy (but not the wine)

This is a sampler of shibori designs, all dyed with the same burgundy dye.  I really like this colour, as it's a blend so you get some splitting of the colour, which I think enhances the results.

To make this, I used 12 fat quarters, tying or clamping each in a different way and recording what I did - for example, some of the designs were ironed; some dyed with the fabric dry; some pieces were wrapped around objects and so on.  I don't usually do this, but I wanted a sampler of designs that I could come back to and refer to.

I plan to do some more shibori over the holiday period, so all I need to do now is locate the book with all the information in it..

2 comments:

Nancy J said...

Lovely, I like the subtlety of each piece, different, yet blending together so well. Find that book, it will be there in a box you moved the other day. 2 weeks ago I found a pattern for a bag, that I had received in 2012!!!

SFM Cloth dolls With Attitude! said...

Amazing results!