Monday, May 09, 2011

A walk by the river

 I started Photography 1 last week, and this is the main subject this term, with the emphasis on composition.  On Wednesday, the class went for a walk by the river to take photos.  Here are a few of mine.





 I took quite a few shots involving rust.
This is my classmate Ben adding a focal point to some broken windows.

All these were taken with my lil' point-and-shoot Sony Cybershot, a 4.1 megapixel camera.  I'm unsure how far I want to go with photography but I really enjoy it.  I'll see.

3 comments:

Nancy J said...

Lovely pics Shirley, Especially Ben, the soft colours fit with the bars of the window amd broken glass.When Hugh started he took his camera everywhere, sometimes you get just one chance at that superb shot. Happy shooting, in the photographic term.Cheers from Jean

Ali Honey said...

Lucky you. That looks like something I'd be happy doing.
I like the top one best.

Val said...

Great photos. Very inspirational and you look as if you were having fun!