Monday, August 02, 2010

Back to the future

I had some time to kill in Singapore on the way home, so I went on a city tour. We popped into Little India...
..drove past Raffles Hotel....
..and the financial district...
..past the Merlion, the symbol of Singapore...
..through Chinatown...
to the National Orchid gardens. That pool looked pretty tempting.
And of course, the orchids were lovely.
At Changi Airport, surely the world's most beautiful airport, there is a butterfly garden with 47 species of tropical butterflies like this one.

Why is this post called "back to the future"? Because now I'm back in New Zealand, our time is ahead of almost everywhere else in the world. This feels quite normal when you live here, but overseas it's weird to think that it was already tomorrow at home.

4 comments:

loulee said...

Welcome Home. I have to think like that all the time.

Ali Honey said...

Welcome home KIWI ! So your back...the weather hasn't been great these last few days.
I am glad you showed that about Singapore airport - sounds lovely and I think next year when we make our first ever expediition to some of the places you have been we plan to stop over in Singapore too( on the way there ).
Did you take a lap top with you or use other folks computers to update your blog ?or a cell phone?And for the photos did you slot your memory stick / card straight into their computers? ( or in cybercafes? )This is an inexperienced traveller asking all these questions.
Any other useful tips about easy / safe travelling?

Shirley Goodwin said...

Thanks, Ali! To answer your questions: I used other people's laptops/notebooks; I could use my cellphone as 2 Degrees hooks into other networks overseas; sometimes I put photos onto a memory stick and some I emailed to myself.

Diane N said...

I have enjoyed traversing the world with you. I'm so glad you took the time to share some of your travels and photos with all of us.

Welcome home. Were the dogs out of mind with joy to see you again?