Saturday, June 19, 2010

In the land of Armagnac

Thi photo is actually the last I took at Brettes - a barley field at dawn. I've just snuck it in here as I really liked it.
I am now staying here, in another 200 year old farmhouse, near to the village of Çampagne d'Armagnac. Armagnac is a type of brandy used as an aperitif. Very nice.

There is self-contained holiday accommodation as well, all part of the same building.

The buildings have lovely old tiled roofs. This one comes complete with a cat.


When the sun comes out, you may see lizards.


These are Jersey cows, which are milked to make cheese, butter and yoghurt. Note the horns.


The 2 calves and a couple of the Pyreneean sheep.

My hosts are Dutch, hence the clogs.









5 comments:

Julie said...

What a beautiful place and impressive cow horns!

Ali Honey said...

Lovely. The long ears are cute on the sheep. Did you try walking in clogs?

smarcoux said...

Looks like your having a great time .... you will have to see if you can catch up with Dijanne Cevaal .. she is over there.

Sandy

Bee Magic Chronicles for Kids said...

I envy you this trip. I love the rural environment, the colourful buildings and especially the cat weathervane ;)

Milly said...

Again just so lovely! have you considered writing a photographic travel log? I bet it would be quite popular!