Sunday, June 28, 2009

Just an octarine kinda day....with a dash of Michael Jackson

This is my 600th post, so I thought it deserved a wacky title! I have just stitched these pieces, Octarine 1 and Octarine 2, for the forthcoming Kaiapoi Art Expo. Octarine is the 8th colour of the rainbow, and also the colour of magic. It's described as greenish-yellowish-purple. I like this one better :-
than this one. I stitched them differently as well as painting them with different colours. That's dye paint, of course. They will be stretched over canvas for the exhibition.
This is the ORIGINAL Octarine I painted and stitched, but the very heavy stitching made it pucker. I like this one best but can't exhibit it.
and here's the Michael Jackson touch (may he rest in peace) - it's a Machingers glove that I bought from Patsy Thompson and boy, does it make machine quilting easier.

5 comments:

Linda and Michelle said...

These are gorgeous! I want to see them framed!

verobirdie said...

You'll get me hooked to octarine!

Françoise said...

Very nice pieces! Can you post a picture of them when they are stretched?

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your 600th post. Good luck in Kaiapoi with your exhibit. That is where my daughter lives must tell her about the exhibition.

Val said...

What superb pieces. I just love the colours. Way to go! Val