Monday, May 18, 2009

The Villa Quilt

My friend Bronwen (who doesn't read my blog) is moving into an old villa on Friday. She loves quilts but doesn't sew, so I decided to make her one as it'll suit the house. On reflection, I probably shouldn't have used the pink rose fabric, but I wanted several small floral prints and I didn't have much in my stash to choose from. The main fabric is one I bought the other day for the double pinwheel quilt, but when I looked at the pattern again, I realised it wouldn't suit so put it aside. It's perfect for this project.

Because it's a simple pattern, I photographed each stage to make it into an online class for beginners. Hopefully I'll get time over the next week to sandwich and quilt it.

2 comments:

His Office, My Studio said...

Your friend Bronwen will love the quilt you are making for her.

Sheila said...

That is a beautiful traditional quilt. What a good idea photographing it each step of the way for an on-line class.