Tuesday, March 24, 2009

More dyeing

Today was fine and sunny and without much wind, so I decided to do some more dyeing for Symposium this afternoon. I like this one - it was a "leftover" piece - a metre of fabric that I poured leftover dye onto. You can see that I was working with darker and brighter colours today.
The other "leftover" piece - I had some red, orange and black left that I didn't want to pour onto the first piece, so I dug out a metre or so of plain (and I do mean plain) terracotta coloured fabric, one of the pieces I inherited with the business, and dating back to when a previous owner dyed a lot of plain flat colours. I like it better now.
And this was what I was actually doing - more Blended fabric, this time in brighter, darker colours. Because I was too lazy to rinse the pieces (as it is, I hang them to dry, then wash them, dry them and iron them), the preponderance of navy blue turned the yellow into light green. Oh well.

5 comments:

Maggi said...

Beautiful pieces. Amazing what you can get with left overs isn't it.

Sheila said...

I love dyeing with the leftover dyes. It's like a bonus at the end of the day. One indy yarn dyer dyes DK weight sock yarn with the day's end dyes. They are unnamed yarn lots and very interesting.

Trish Goodfield said...

Waste not want not. This sort of dyeing is really freeing.

Nora and James McDowell said...

Very lovely.

The Idaho Beauty said...

Yum...I'll take the first one! vbg