Sunday, January 13, 2008

Phew! it's hot

For those of you getting through winter, I'd just like to mention that it's mid-summer here and quite frankly, it's STINKING HOT at present. Yesterday was 34C (which is 93F for American readers), today is slightly cooler but tomorrow will be about the same as yesterday. I've had to put water on some plants during the day just to enable them to get through the heat of the day before I do a proper evening watering.
It's really too hot to spend much time upstairs doing any artwork. I'm interested that quite a few readers have said they thought the Elvish Door looks fine as it is - maybe I'll just do some stitching on it but no more surface design.

Here's some mid-summer garden photos.

8 comments:

Nora and James McDowell said...

Well, here in British Columbia it isn't summer. Many have flown off to Mexico or some place warm but we are warm by the fire with our loads of snow. I could send you some in exchange for the flowers.
Nora

Meg in Tennessee said...

thank you! I needed to see some flowers growing.

Nellie's Needles said...

Yes, it's nice to be reminded that there are flowers blooming somewhere in the world. Thank you for sharing yours.

Julie said...

Thank you for bringing a glimpse of summer to a wet and cold England. Your garden looks beautiful despite the heat. Think cool thoughts!

Janet said...

we got a foot of snow yesterday :-)

Olivia Kroth said...

Beautiful flowers, Shirley. I like looking at them while it is grey and wet outside, a typical January in Central Europe.

http://olivia-kroth.blog.de.vu

Digitalgran said...

Lovely flower photos Shirley. We have a lot of rain, but it's not very cold just now.

Anonymous said...

Shirley, your flowers are beautiful and the heat seams to be agreeing with them. I wish we could have a bit of your heat, as it's -33C(below 0) and with the wind chill it's -45C....BITTER!
I am so inspired by your blog, it is wonderful. Enjoy your summer, I shall dream about hot weather and painting flowers.
Carrie, Winnipeg, Canada