Sunday, November 18, 2007

Simple pleasures

My readers seemed to like the earlier photos of my spring garden, so here's some more. I am especially fond of the Shirley poppies (lower right), not just because they're named after me (heehee) but because they come in an amazing range of reds, pinks and whites.
The lovely Clematis hybrid (lower right) will grow up and into the elm tree. I love spring, it's my favourite season. And here's the dogs, taken from my first floor studio, enjoying a nice tasty bone in the shade in the front garden.

3 comments:

PakTeh said...

hello shirley.. wow. your blog is so nice and interesting. :) greetings from malaysia.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

It sounds like you were lucky enough to find a house you like with a garden already planted. The poppies are beautiful.

Sheila said...

Your garden is lovely. And the pups look like they found the best place to hang out.