Sunday, July 08, 2007

Dolphin Dreaming


As I'm going up to Christchurch today (3 hours' drive) to spend time with my daughter and her boyfriend, then pick up my son from the airport, drop the boyfriend off and drive home with my kids, there will be no creative stuff today. Nor for the days that they're here.

So here's Dolphin Dreaming, a convergence quilt I made some years ago a la Ricky Timms. This hangs in my hallway.

It's quilted very simply, with wavy lines. I like the effect of the light in the upper part.

I'll let you into a secret......the dolphins are cunningly appliqued over bits where the seams didn't QUITE match perfectly. But you won't tell anyone, will you?

4 comments:

His Office, My Studio said...

Love this quilt, the colors and design.

Featheronawire Sally Bramald said...

I thought that's what dolphins were for (grin).
Seriously though, that's a lovely quilt,
Sally

Annica said...

Beautiful quilt Shirley! Hope you'll have a great time with your kids!

Digitalgran said...

I love it Shirley. Isn't it strange how a mistake turn out to be so successful? The dolphins make that quilt.