Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Five Seconds of Fame

A bit of a downgrade from 15 minutes, admittedly- aren't we all supposed to have that? But I guess 5 seconds is better than nothing! Bonnie Mccaffery, well-know American quilting tutor and author, was teaching at the Manawatu Quilt Symposium her in New Zealand that I also taught at. She's done a vidcast of quilts and people - including me - that any quilt and fabric lover will enjoy watching. Go here and click on one of the video options to watch her vidcast.

8 comments:

Joyce said...

5 seconds is better than my score of 0 seconds! Lol. I will look at them when I get my sound working again.

Helen said...

And a great 5 seconds it was too.

Sayward said...

Dorothy, would you like to take part in my Craft Discourse research on textile artists?

E-mail me for details. I'd love to get your input.

Say

Teodo said...

5 seconds are better than 0! I agree!!!
ciao ciao.

Sheila said...

Yeah, Shirley! That podcast was eye candy. Very inspirational.

Ali Honey said...

I really enjoyed that Shirley.You're a STAR! I think NZ can be very proud of the beautiful and varied quilts on display.Congratulations for being part of it.

Deb Hardman said...

Wow Shirley, that was wonderful! Thanks for sharing that link. Your 5 seconds may just turn into something more!

The quilts were amazing. I love how people think outside the box there, & I was really ompressed witht he fashion show! I think I need to send this to our Alaska Fiber Festival Board! They will be impressed too!

Digitalgran said...

Congratulations on you 5 secs of fame. It was so fantastic to meet you at last! I enjoyed the podcast even though I'm not a quilter. Y
ou are so young!
Mags