Friday, October 13, 2006

Now for the arty bit

In the Opera House auction, I bought a Palm for a very low price to use at work. It's one of those cunning things that you record appointments in and use as an organizer, and you can even write on the screen with a stylus. It comes with a cradle that you sit it in alongside your computer, and all the information transfers from one to the other. Because I want to carry it about with me, and because my new cellphone is SO tiny that I can't find it in my bag ( and also to stop it being knocked around with all the other detritus you find in a woman's bag), I decided to make matching cases for them. You can see the results above.
But here's the cunning part - I sewed a couple of buttons onto the Palm case and made holes in the top of the cellphone case, so that I could hook the two together. If a number of you are interested in the pattern, say so and I'll publish it. Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Deb R said...

Clever and cute! :-)

Anonymous said...

That's so cute! I have one a friend made for me a couple years ago, looks very similar, only with one button and sea green furry yarn!

Emmy said...

so lovely and so clever I like it

Helen said...

sooo fuzzy and a great colour.