Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Out of the woodwork

Awwwww, thank you all for commenting. Deb R, I guess you're right - I read your blog every day but don't always comment. I guess my comments as a proportion of blog visit numbers make me "average" then! Janet, I only look at my stats cos I can see these red spots on the Clustr map, and they intrigue me. I still don't know who all those exotic visits are from, as these people haven't revealed themselves.

And I agree with you, Pixie, about how good blogging is. Living alone, as I do, and in a town where I hardly know anyone, I have relied on my blog friends for social contact. Not that people are unfriendly here, but with 3 months of being housebound, my plans of joining clubs and groups at the beginning of the year didn't happen. I would have gone crazy alone all day (apart from the critters, but they're not great conversationists) if I hadn't been able to "talk" to others on the net.

Viva la blog!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Viva la blog, Shirley!

Maureen said...

Keep blogging Shirley!
You're on my blogfeed so I keep track,even if I dont comment often....and no,I don't live anywhere exotic,only across the ditch in Qld.
But those stat counter dots ARE tantalising aren't they!

Helen said...

funny you should write about this Shirley as I was doing the same last night. Upgraded my statcounter so I could see the map with everyone on and sooo wondered who they all are! It was interesting to see what % had visited the blog on more than one day. So many times I check stuff out but don't comment. I suppose its being spoilt with a continuous show of gorgeous work.

Anonymous said...

Hi Shirley,
I found you from your post on Crazy Aunt Purl's web site. I'm from just up the road in Christchurch.

I'm sure there are a lot of lurkers out there who are afraid to comment.. I'm just not one of them.

Evy said...

Hi Shirley,
Here's one of youre dots. Youre post made me realise you are right. It's not fair to enjoy youre blog, the wonderfull pictures of youre work and not telling you.

My only excuse is not being very good at writhing youre language, sorry! But ... now you know, one of youre dots is me, living in Den Haag (The Hague?) Netherlands.

Thanks you for sharing youre work and thoughts, I apriciate them!

Kind Regards,
Evy

Anonymous said...

Hi Shirley,
Another of your dots checking in to say hi and I love your work. I will try to comment more often, one never knows if comments are welcome.
Cheers
Jeannie in Washington State

Ferret said...

I use the counter to look at where people are from too. Without it I would assume very few people ever read my blog, but it turns out I have severla regulars. Most never comment. I get to know them by locations. I only found your blog because someone came from here to my site.