Saturday, April 01, 2006

Paint du jour


OK, here is some of the paint du jour. I did another lemon print in different colours (not sure if I'll use other fruit or veg, Cathy - the lemon was just appropriate for the situation).

I made these cutouts for a completely different background which was striped in browns. Because the cutouts looked like plants, I made them in a restricted palette of mainly greens, but they didn't look right on the brown, so I transferred them to this bright in-your-face piece I painted yesterday. They are not fused yet, just sitting while I get the arrangement how I want it.

3 comments:

His Office, My Studio said...

Outstanding!!!!!!!!!!You need to create a pattern, written instructions and sell on your website. I will be the first buyer.

Shirley Goodwin said...

Oh how kind of you, Debbi. I take it you're referring to the cutout piece?

Alison Schwabe said...

I don't agree with dubiquilts - I think you have already shown us enough of how you did this, and clearly there is a lot of careful cutting involved ... I'd just let admirers take the idea and run with their own shapes,if they can. You don't want to see copies of this beautiful quilt all over the place, or do you?
Really inspiring, thanks for showing us what you're doing.