Thursday, March 30, 2006

Sucking the lemon

Here's a lemon print I made yesterday after finding out that someone has mucked up enrolling me for surgery - I was expecting to have the big screws removed in 1 1/2 weeks. Now it will be 4 1/2 weeks. Normally there is some movement in the leg bones, allowing free movement of the foot and ankle. The big screws are clamping my bones together tightly so that they don't move, and so preventing me from walking or driving. And because my surgery is accident related, it's funded differently from ordinary surgery and only done at certain times.

After 2 months of being on crutches and mainly housebound, this was not welcome news.

Hence the use of the lemon.

5 comments:

Maureen said...

Ohhh, this is too bad! Like the lemon print, though. Good coming out of evil.

Digitalgran said...

I am so very sorry to hear your surgery has been put off, but like the others I do like the lemon design.

Maureen said...

Seems like health Crae is "the pits" both sides of the Tasman Shirley!At least it hasn't dried up your creative juices....will the surgeon accept lemons as payment I wonder?

artmixter said...

So this is a variation on the theme of when life gives you lemons, make lemonade?
Sorry to hear about the delay...just keep doing the work.

His Office, My Studio said...

You and my son are in the same boat. He will be having his second surgery on April 11. The doctors say crutches at least 3 more months. He has been on them since Feb.